Excessively Diverting Blog Award!
It has taken me a VERY long time to post this and I’m incredibly sorry! Last week, Kim was so kind as to give me this award…MY FIRST AWARD! I was so excited when I saw it I started bouncing in my chair, which earned me a few weird stares from my roommate. Thank you so much Kim! This is the description of the award:
The aim of the Excessively Diverting Blog Award is to acknowledge writing excellence in the spirit of Jane Austen’s genius in amusing and delighting readers with her irony, humor, wit, and talent for keen observation. Recipients will uphold the highest standards in the art of the sparkling banter, witty repartee, and gentle reprove. This award was created by the blogging team of Jane Austen Today to acknowledge superior writing over the Internet and promote Jane Austen’s brilliance.
What an incredible compliment this award is! In that respect, there are a few blogs that I think are deserving of this award as well:
- Sandwiched which is full of entertaining anecdotes and a hodgepodge of everything else! I find myself checking this blog as often as possible to find out what new adventure she has gotten herself into.
- Book Addiction whose review of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society finally sold me on the book.
- Regular Rumination because not only is Lu’s blog entertaining, but she also knows the never-ending pleasures of balancing 200pgs of required reading with that towering TBR pile just begging to be tackled.
- Farm Lane Books, a place full of great reviews if you haven’t checked it out, do it!
- Bookgirl Strikes Again because Bookgirl is a character unlike any I’ve read about.
Congrats everyone! You can claim your award by copying the HTML code of the Excessively Diverting Blog Award badge then posting it on your blog with the name of the person who nominated you and a link back to their blog. You can then nominate other blogs that you feel meet or exceed the standards of the award as listed above.