I’ve just decided I’m going to participate in the Fourth Annual National Just Read More Novels Month, or NaJuReMoNoMo. It should be easy seeing as I read mostly novels anyway, but this way I get rewarded! Here are the rules:
- Only Novels Count. This means no non-fiction books, memoirs, short stories, essay collections, or books based on internet memes like LOLcats. The judge is out on graphic novels. It’s your call.
- Memoirs Don’t Count. Even if they are fictional. And especially if they are fake memoirs about the Holocaust.
- It Can’t Be A Novel You Have Already Read. Expand your horizons. Try some new authors.
- You Must Start At The Beginning. If the book is on your nightstand, you have to start over. We are looking at January 1 to January 31. That is 31 days. We are on a deadline.
- Have Fun. This a lark. You wouldn’t be reading if you didn’t enjoy it.
And of course we have our valuable prizes. You get to brag about your literacy ability by posting our “Winner” badges on your site. Any book qualifies for the Blue Winner badge. Now a lot of people read more than one. Three books qualifies for the Green Badge. Five gets the Silver Badge and ten is the Gold level.
What could be more fun than a challenge I know I can do well in? I have one novel I started yesterday that should count for at least three challenges…