Weekly Geek 26
1. Using the WeeklyGeeks category here in my blog, find 5 Weekly Geeks you don’t know. The easiest way is probably to look at the Mr Linkies in my weekly Saturday posts.
2. Visit each of your 5 new blogpals and snoop around their blogs to find at least one thing you have in common.
3. In your blog, write a post, linking to your 5 new blogpals, about what you have in common with them.
4. Come back and sign Mr Linky.
5. As you run across other Weekly Geek posts (or deliberately seek them out) if you see anyone mentioned who has something in common with you, pay them a visit.
The header on Farm Lane Books Blog makes me so incredibly happy. I love that bookshelf because its a great visual and almost all of the books pictured I have either read and loved or they are on my TBR list. Something else I noticed was a post about a monthly reading plan (I read November’s). This isn’t something that I do but I’m going to start!
I had never visited Literary Escapsim but I’ll certainly go back. This blog is what I aspire to! I love how organized it is but more importantly, how much content there is! I’ll probably spend the rest of the day wandering around the blog instead of reading the novel assigned for a class. Ok, so what we have in common:
“Welcome to my alternate reality. Escaping into new worlds, meeting new characters and exploring different societies is the only way we have of leaving the harsh reality of life behind us…if only for a little bit.”
This is the welcome message. It entirely describes my reasons for reading and I love anyone who views reading the same way I do.
There was a post I found on Reactions to Reading about quitting books you don’t enjoy. It eloquently describes a struggle I’ve tried to write about so many times.
Just Add Books and I are both contemplating tacking Pillars of the Earth in the coming year. I’m going to keep checking back to compare our progress and opinions!